Polymer plate photogravure with Ray Bidegain Private training
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Join Ray Bidegain for a 1 or 2-day workshop in polymer plate photogravure. During this introductory workshop you will learn how to take your original photographs and print them using ink (Charbonnel) and an etching press. Needed materials will be supplied and students will leave the session with one of a kind handmade polymer plate photogravure.
Topics to be covered:
• Digital positives – Learn to make the needed digital positives for printmaking. Students will start with files from scanned negatives or original camera files.
• Exposing and developing the polymer plates using film positives and an aquatint screen.
• Inks and materials needed for printmaking
• Inking and wiping the plates
• Paper selection
• Printing the inked plates on a professional etching press.